Saturday, June 29, 2013

    Headed out on a short road trip this morning. Went on up to the town of Hot Springs, in the Black Hills of South Dakota just to the north of Chadron about 60 miles. Have been up there a couple of times over the years, but it is an interesting town to go walk around in as there always seems to be something going on there, at least during the summer tourist season anyway.

   Today was no different either. Pulled in and found they had a street fair going on in the river park right across from the main street in town. Dozens of booths of arts and crafts items of all kinds, as well as several booths catering to anyone with a yen for something to eat. In all cases it was pretty much western themed, either in the arts and crafts depicting cowboys, or Indians, or wildlife or in the food you could get, including wild game jerky, sausages and brats. A nice hot brat with a cold beer while listening to some guy singing cowboy tunes under an awning, was a nice way to enjoy the day for an hour or so.

   Also spent a couple hours wandering through the mammoth site museum again. I was there a couple of years ago and took dozens of photo's at that time. I wish there was some way I could access all of my facebook albums from here, but if there is a way, I haven't figured it out yet. I can't even figure out how to access the photo's I've posted on this site yet.

    Lot's of people out at the campground/State Park this weekend. Not quite full yet, but a lot more than have been there this past week. I would imagine that most of them will be pulling out sometime tomorrow like usual. Looking forward to another play tomorrow afternoon with one of my other nephews from Scott's Bluff, as well as his wife and daughter. In the meantime I'm going to let it cool down just a little bit more and then go take another short drive up into the forest to see what is out running around this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment