Tuesday, June 4, 2013

   Up pretty early this morning. A quick bite to eat and then started to pack stuff away so we could move out today. Had everything packed and hooked up by a little bit after 9:00 a.m. Not a record by any means, but a respectable departure time all the same, considering I have a newbie along with me now and sometimes it feels easier to do it all myself rather than let her help. But for all of that we made a clean getaway and headed out on the highway.

    Emma determined that it was quickest to go back down Hwy 81 clear into Pennsylvania before turning west onto Hwy 80 this afternoon. It didn't feel like it was very quick to me, especially after that 7th hour of driving came around and it was already after 4:00 p.m. in the afternoon. I made some adjustments and took us into Bald Eagle State Park instead of continuing at least another hour and a half on to Blue Knob SP. I'm glad I did as it was getting to be a bit of a hassle just to stay awake. We found a nice camp spot here though and got settled in. Didn't even unhook the trailer this evening because we don't plan to stay on tomorrow. So we just leveled it up and lowered the scissor jacks and front jack to make it feel steadier.

    Once all of that was done it was time for a short nap during the hot part of the afternoon. Both Anita and I slept for an hour or so and by the time we were both back up, the sun was dropping and it had cooled off a good 10 degrees at least. We took a nice 2 hour hike out and around a good portion of the park. We headed over to the lake side as we had heard that there was an actual Bald Eagle in the area, but we never did see anything of them. We did however see bunches of bunnies that were out and about, some of them no bigger than my fist. It was a really nice walk and felt really good to get out and stretch the legs a little bit.

    I cooked dinner for the two of us tonight with help from Anita of course. The menu for this evening was some pan saute'd steaks along with caramelized onions, some new red potatoes and some butternut squash steak fries that I cooked with a little honey and cinnamon and ginger. A couple of cold Dos XX's to go along with all of that and it doesn't get much better. Had planned on working on some photo's this evening, but the truth is that all that driving just wears you out. Anita is already sacked out, I can hear her cute little snore from here. I think it's time for me to curl up on my couch and see if I can keep from waking her up with my not so subtle snoring.

A tree I saw near Sunset RV Campground on the shores of Lake Ontario in Oswego NY.

Saw this tree while out on a walk near my RV camp on the shores of Lake Ontario in Oswego New York. I thought the light of the late afternoon sun really made it 'pop'. It actually turned out better than I thought and except for some minor cropping I didn't have to do anything else to it.









No comments:

Post a Comment