Sunday, July 21, 2013

   A pretty quiet day for me overall. Spent the majority of it just hanging out with my friends talking and reading. Spent a little time putting together another batch of macaroni salad for a pot luck at a friends house tomorrow, but otherwise it was just a nice day to relax.

   Drove up to Fort Collins later this afternoon to go to the contra dance there at the city park. It was amazing to watch the thunder storms building just to the east of me as I travelled north up the highway. Huge black thunderclouds with streaks of white hail coming out of the bottoms of some of them. With all the wind that was blowing it was not surprising that there were reports of 3/4 inch hail coming out of some of them.

    A pretty good dance this evening, but not great. The music and calling were more than adequate, but I just wasn't in the mood to dance all that much for some reason. I stuck around and danced until after the break but then decided to head on back to Denver soon after that. I figured a nice two hour drive down to south Denver would get me home just before midnight, so that would work. One interesting thing about the dance was running into a guy I know from back in the NC-VA area. He drives a semi truck for a living and decided to stop in at the local dance up there because he knows a few people in the area. It was fun to run into him and actually meet him after all this time. As I said, I knew who he was, I just had never actually met him before. Kind of neat that you can run into people you know from anywhere in the states at a contra dance.

   Will be up early in the morning in order to go over to Tom and Donna's and do some canoeing. All of us going on the trip to Montana will be over to practice a bit and hang out. Steph and I still haven't set down together and figured out our food shopping list yet or even what we will be doing for our lunches and breakfast's. Perhaps we will have a little time to talk about it all tomorrow.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment