Thursday, July 11, 2013

July 11, 2013

    A slow start this morning... pretty normal for me if I have anyone about who will sit and talk to me for a while. Nice to once again be someplace where I can wake up to a real shower every morning. The one I have in the trailer does work, and it is okay for what it is, but it is so nice to have a shower big enough to turn around in with out falling down, and one where you have more than 6 gallons of hot water. Not that I actually use more than that.... it's just nice to know that I could if I wanted to.

    Headed for Longmont late in the morning with the idea of getting some work done at the trailer. Did manage to give the fridge and freezer a real thorough cleaning and disinfecting with some water and bleach. It was real fun spraying that on in a hot stuffy trailer! Also went ahead and did the same for the stove top burner area and the oven and broiler. So those two things are now ready to go again. Did forget to drain the hot water heater and take a look at the zinc anode to see if it needs replacing again, but I still have plenty of time for that.

    It had also been my intention to switch a few tires around on the trailer while I had a chance. I had noticed one on the port side, (left), was wearing a bit more on the outside edge than usual, so the idea was to take it off and put the brand new spare tire on there, and then move the used tire over to the other side to see if I could balance the wear pattern out a little bit. But once I had the tire off it became apparent that I had not kept a close enough eye on the inflation of that one tire and that it had worn equally on both outer edges. Not enough to have to replace it yet, but enough that I decided to just use it as my spare instead and just take the one on the right side, (Starboard), with the bent rim, off and go find a new rim for it. So that is basically how it went except that it takes a long time to take all the crusted on wheel nuts off of two tires when it's 96 degrees outside and you are in the direct sun for most of that time. It was finally done though, and after loading up the one tire it was off to discount tire for a new rim and to have the truck tires rotated. When I got there I decided to go with a newer looking rim for that tire even though I was only going to do one of them out of the 5 that would eventually need new rims. But there is no reason to spend $400 bucks right at the moment so I okay'd them to go ahead and do the work while I went over to Home Depot to wander around while it was all being taken care of. Turns out though, that the rim they had in stock was actually to wide for the tire I was using, so they ended up having to order one in anyway. The good news is that it was $10 bucks cheaper than the other one, the bad news was that it would take a couple of days to get there. So sometime next week I'll have to go on back up and pick it up and take it back to the trailer and put it on, but what the heck, I was planning on going back up there at some point anyway.

    Went and had a very late lunch at Chipotle's after that and then headed over to Wally World to pick up a couple cheap flash drives I needed. Wasted a bit of time there looking at stuff and even managed to corner one of their geeky tech guys back by the computer/camera/telephone counter to see if he knew what needed to be done to get the voice mail feature turned on in my phone. He told me what he thought the fix would be.... basically dial up voicemail the first time and then just follow the directions for it. But when I got outside, I found that the instructions he had given me didn't work either. So now I need to wait until morning and then try one last option I have, which is to call this one number that showed up in some of the instructions on line for support of some kind, but they didn't specify if it was tech related support or not.

    Right now though I need to finish this up and then go find a recipe for some dish to take to the family reunion potluck on Saturday afternoon. Wish I had my zucchini cake recipe handy, that is always a welcome dish at any party it seems.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment