Sunday, July 28, 2013

   I see a little catching up is in order again... I try to be pretty steady at posting something most days, but sometimes there just isn't all that much going on, or I'm just to tired to sit down and write anything. Last night it was the too tired bit, because I certainly had a nice afternoon and evening. Hung out with my friends George and Marge for most of the morning and afternoon and then got dressed up a bit, I put on long pants and real shoes, and headed out to pick up a friend who was going to go to the theatre with me.

   Claire is an old time folk dancing and contra dancing buddy of mine, of quite a few years. I like hanging out with her because she always seems so positive in her outlook on life, even though she has had to over come some tremendous obstacles. Plus she never chastises me when I call her up for a night out, with only a couple of days noticed because I had forgotten I had tickets to the show. So I picked her up around 5:00 and headed up to Arvada where we met up with a bunch of my boating friends, who also happen to have theatre tickets for the same night as I do. There were nine of us at dinner, at Three Margaritas, a Mexican restaurant of course. We had a good meal and I caught up on the going's on of some of my friends whom I hadn't seen for nearly a year.

    From dinner we all headed on over to the Arvada Center for the nights theatrical production of 'Curtains', a newer play that was making it's regional debut there. Basically a musical, comedy, murder mystery staged as a play within a play. It had lots of singing and dancing, some really good sight gags and the actual murder plot was really quite good. It was certainly an entertaining evening of fun and laughs for me, and I think, all of my friends.

    Today was a lot more low key. Have been hanging out here at the house for most of the day photo copying and scanning in a bunch of genealogical stuff that I have received over the past several months. There were many, many hours of scanning to do and it seems as though I have just started to scratch the surface. But it will all get done at some point, even though with our large and prolific family, it seems we create new info and data faster than we can keep track of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment