Wednesday, July 3, 2013

July 3, 2013

   Had a wonderful time at the play out at the Post Playhouse at Fort Robinson last night. The evenings offering was called 'Hollywood Cabaret' and was, for the most part, just a lot of this summers actors and actresses singing old Hollywood movie songs. They loosely wove a story around it all, and added in some comedy and romance, but mostly it was a group of very talented people belting out some great songs. Among the many offerings were tunes from the movies, Singing in the Rain, Fiddler on the Roof, A Day at the Races, Little Shop of Horrors and Mama Mia. Lots of good toe tapping music to listen to, in yet another sold out show.

    Another beautiful clear evening after the show. The stars shown so bright when I got back to the trailer that I didn't even need a light to find my door key. It made the fire flies over in the bushes seem rather small and insignificant. Even with that though, I did stand outside and watch them blink on and off for nearly 10 minutes.

    Up early this morning and on the road back to Crawford and then on to Fort Robinson. I was headed back out there because they had a western art show going on there for a couple of days. It was being held in the Veterinary Hospital on the old fort grounds and there were artists from at least 5 states there that I noticed.  Some really nice paintings, ceramics and jewelry, but nothing that called out to me to go home with me.

    Will finish up here in town shortly and then head on back out to the trailer. Want to spend some time this afternoon to pack up a few more things to put into storage, as well as start to pack up for the move tomorrow morning. Will be heading south to Scott's Bluff sometime in the morning. The plan is to stay there for a couple of days and spend some time with my nephew and his family as well as explore some of the interesting things in that area. Looking forward to seeing some new things again.

    For now though it is time for some final photo's from this area of Nebraska. I think it is fitting to post a couple of sunset pictures as time here is finally coming to a close.

Chadron Sunsets - June/July 2013

The colors of the sunsets in the west have been amazing over the past couple of weeks. I would imagine some of that is because of all the wildfires going on at the moment..... not a good thing. One note on these shots... I didn't enhance the colors on any of these, there was no need. In fact it is hard to believe all of the blood red sunsets I have seen this past month. Pretty.... but sad also.

I like how this group of trees are back lit by the sun as it goes down.

Surprised that these even came out given how dark it was getting, note the black foreground, and that I was shooting with a telephoto without a tripod.

One last photo from that particular sunset.

This was a sunset from a different evening drive I did.









1 comment: