Tuesday, July 16, 2013

   Must of had a good time yesterday, cus I was way to tired last night to stay up and write anything. So let me do at least a short recap of what was happening all day.

    Up pretty early in the morning, or at least early for me. I've been waking up around 5:30 most mornings, but then 'forcing' myself to go back to sleep for a couple of more hours. So it was around 7:30 when I was actually up and about. It has been pleasant to come out to the living room or kitchen and have a cup of tea and talk to my friend Marge for a couple of hours. We manage to solve all the worlds problems as well as a few of our own every day, so it must be a good thing to do.

    Headed north to my friends, Maggie and Paul's, place a little after 9:00. They were starting a remodeling project in their kitchen and had a structural problem they wanted me to take a look at. Not sure they liked the answer I gave them, but I did leave them with a couple of options and there are other ones they can do if they want to do more work and spend lots more money.

   Afterwards we, and their son Beau went over to a local Mexican restaurant and met Marge and George for lunch. Really like this little place, Luna's, because they have wonderful food, it's relatively cheap and it's owned and run by a brother and sister and their mother. I finally got some really good tamale's for lunch so I was extremely happy.

   Back to George and Marge's after that. Spent a couple hours on the computer researching some things to do in the next few weeks and then headed over to a Boys Night Out at the Movies movie. Met up with Tom and Joe and saw the movie Pacific Rim. Basically the 'Transformers meet Godzilla'; the story had so many holes in it you kept wondering why they even made the movie to start with. That being said, we all of course stayed to the very end and had a good time of it anyway. So I guess that pretty much tells you a lot about our level of sophistication. :)

   Since it was Monday, and our favorite waitress, Emily, doesn't work at Red Robin on Mondays any more, we felt free to head on over to Los Delicious for yet another meal of Mexican food. Now you might think that by now I would be getting tired of eating it, but you just have to remember that in Mexico they get to eat it at every meal, so it can't be all that bad.

     Have managed to screw up several social get together times already this week. To many people to see, and not enough time to see them in. I have also been trying to put everything down onto my phones day planner, but that only shows me one day at a time and I like being able to check a week, or even a month, in advance at times. So it seems that it is all my new phones fault that I have been double and triple booking things. At least that is the excuse I have come up with, and I'm sticking to it.

    Will be heading out to Longmont in a very little while this morning. Need to go up there and deal with my trailer tire and wheel issue as well as check my mail. Had ordered a case for the phone last week and it should finally be in now. Also want to stop by the storage unit and start pulling out gear for the upcoming river trip. I think most of it is where I left it last summer, right out in plane sight since it is gear I keep going back for and using pretty much every summer. But there is a portable toilet unit I need to locate and the 2-burner Colman, as well as a couple of ice chests and knee pads. Hopefully it won't turn into this huge treasure hunt this time around.

    In the meantime though I did manage to set up one lunch date for today that shouldn't be all screwed up time wise. So I'll be off to meet up with one of my old work partners from my engineering days at the Division of Wildlife. We will be headed for a Vietnamese Noodle Bowl over at a little dive on N. Federal Boulevard so I am really looking forward to that.




No comments:

Post a Comment