Tuesday, November 27, 2012

    A nice enough day today, not quite as sunny, but still warm and a bit more humid than it has been lately. I hear that it may rain a bit north of here, but right now it's still warm and dry around here.

   Took a nice walk this morning. Just took one of the trails out to the river, but it was a nice morning and there were lots of birds out and about. Still looking for that first sighting of an Ivory Billed, but may have a long wait for that one. ;-)  Did see another armadillo though. They are rather cute little critters, but they can certainly run if they want to. They also kind of bounce a bit when they're scared. They kind of look like a football shaped rabbit with this little bitty head with pointed ears and nose.

    I drove into Gainsville this afternoon and took in the movie 'Lincoln'. A fascinating movie for me given all of the Civil War historical stuff that I've been immersed in these past few days. I was not aware how close the vote on the 13th amendment had been. I guess I always figured it was pretty much a slam dunk with all of the southern states out of the picture at the time. I also didn't connect up the timing of the passage of it with the peace between the states occurring so soon afterwards. It is just a shame that it took so many lives before freedom for all people could be assured. Now I will need to find a copy of Gone With the Wind and get a different perpective.

    Time for another hair cut tomorrow. Hard to believe how quick it grows at times. Still hate them, but hope to be able to go to a place I've used before and get another one tomorrow morning. Otherwise it looks like it will be an easy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment