Thursday, November 22, 2012

    Hey there... Happy Thanksgiving everyone. For me it has been a very nice day today. Woke up kind of late and had a leisurely breakfast and read the comics and did the crossword puzzle. Took a nice shower, did the dishes and then headed for the beach.

   Drove over to St George's Island again because I really like that beach and the area around it. Took my chair, my kindle and a thermos of margarita's and a bottle of ice tea with me. Pretty much had the beach to myself from about 12:30 to 4:00, after that people started to come back out after their Thanksgiving feast and play on the beach again. Lot's of families with little kids this year and it looked like all the kids would have all those calorie's worn off in no time at all.

  I headed over to my favorite beach bar soon after and snagged a table out on the deck over looking the beach. Shrimp taco's this time, along with a nice 'Fat Tire' beer on tap to go with them. I stayed long enough to see the sun starting to go down before heading back to the trailer.

    It sometimes feels a bit hard to be away from all of my family and friends on a day like today. I do miss being around the table with a dozen or more family members, maybe a couple of friends or a stray orphaned person with no where else to go. I also miss those family feast's that my family has always been noted for. If nothing else, we all know how to cook and eat well. But it has also been nice to sit on a beach in the sunshine, read my book, toast all of my family and friends and think about them all and what they must all be doing today. It is interesting to note that as long as I hold them all in my thoughts, while I may spend the day alone.... I'm really not lonely.

No comments:

Post a Comment