Wednesday, November 14, 2012

   Had hoped to upload a few more photo's this evening, but still have the same problem that was occurring last night. So nothing new tonight.... perhaps tomorrow when I've had a chance to look at the problem a little more.

    In the meantime; it was a nice day again today. Not so much that the weather was good cuz it was cold even though the sky was reasonably clear for most of it. Of course it is raining again at the moment, but I am counting on that stopping before I need to pack up and get on the road tomorrow. I spent a good part of the day over at the Atlanta History Museum. A very nice place all full of cool 'stuff' to look at. Of course it is mostly  about the history of Atlanta and the surrounding area so they start at the Native Americans and take you right up to the present. Lot's of info and displays about the Civil War era of course, but also large exhibits of folk art from this area as well as large displays from the WWII era and the Olympics.

   Outside they had a whole farm that they had moved to the site that was representative of what would of been around during the period up to and through the Civil War. I got a nice personnel tour of the whole place since I was the only customer crazy enough to be out in the cold.

    They also have another house on the place, or rather a mansion in the case. The 'Swan House' was donated to the history museum along with all the land the museum sits on, with the stipulation that it never be sold or developed. Based on all the 30-50 story office and condo buildings going up around it, the museum is sitting on land that is worth at least 100's of millions of dollars. So it is quite nice to have this little oasis of quiet right in the midst of all this craziness. I didn't get to actually tour the Swan House unfortunately. They had some kind of function going on there today and someone forgot to get my invitation out in time for me to attend. Bummer!   :)

   As I said earlier, I'm off to Florida in the morning. Will be going back to Coe Landing again, a little county park just south of Tallahassee for about a week. Wish it could be longer, but every camping spot in the whole park has been reserved for the Thanksgiving weekend. Really need to remember that next time I'm in the area. Oh well, will figure it all at some point, lot's of options, so I'll find a place to land somewhere. In the meantime it's time to go get a little sleep.




No comments:

Post a Comment