Thursday, November 1, 2012

    A rather long, but very easy day, all in all. Had a hard time sleeping in the rest area last night with all the trucks pulling in and out all night long and leaving their compressors running all the time. Finally had to get up and put some ear plugs in to keep the noise down to a dull roar. As a result it was a little later than I expected this morning when I finally woke up. Not that 8:30 is all that late, it's just that I'm a usually earlier when parked in a public rest area.

    Got on the road soon there after and made it down the road a few miles before pulling into a local McDonald's for some breakfast. A breakfast burrito and McMuffin were all I needed to wake me up again. They had a electrical plug in this one that the computer could hook into, so I stayed for a couple of hours catching up on the storm news and reading the comics on their free WiFi.

    Made it into Chattanooga around 2:00 and had a late lunch before going on over to the RV camp on the south side of town that I usually stay in. They are in the midst of a large RV group rally right now, so Esmerelda, my trailer, is feeling a bit defensive about being parked around about 50 huge bus type RV's. Me, I'm just happy to have a place to camp.

    Took about 15 mins to unhook and get everything set up that needs doing at the moment. Was going to go out and take a walk in the sunshine, but I made the mistake of laying down on the couch and the next thing I knew it was already after dark. Had originally thought I would only stay for a couple of days, but decided to pay for a whole week here and really relax a little bit. Hope to see a few things in the area that I still haven't seen, as well as maybe revisit a few that I have. Tomorrow though, the first thing on the list is a haircut finally, and after that it is time to do some laundry again. Really put it off for about a week because of the rain last week, but now I'm in need of some clean clothes and sheets again.

No comments:

Post a Comment