Wednesday, October 31, 2012

    Only about an hour outside of Chattanooga this evening... that's the good news! The bad is; that is after getting up early this morning and driving through the rain and the snow in the Blue Ridge Mountains and on down past the Smokies.

   Actually, it was really a pretty nice day all in all. Traffic wasn't horrible, and it never got wet or icy enough for me to be concerned about the road conditions. Still, it did slow me down a bit and it was a bit more tense than usual. I'm in a nice rest area between Knoxville and Chattanooga tonight and so far there aren't to many big rigs with their compressor's running near me. I'm learning where to park in these lots now if I don't want t be kept awake all night by their rumbling. Not that I'm not tired enough right now to sleep through most anything.

    The sun did actually come out late this afternoon and it was glorious. Not seeing the sun for a week was beginning to feel like I was back on the Oregon coast again.... but with out the ocean. Still cold tonight, but the temp had crept up to nearly 60 this afternoon before the sun went down. Will stay in Chattanooga for a couple of days at least, before heading on down to Atlanta early next week. Right now though I think it is time to read a couple of chapters and then go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment