Saturday, October 6, 2012

    Moved down to the town of Littleton Massachusetts's yesterday. Left Bangor in the midst of a rain shower, of course, but was soon entering more bright and sunny sky's. Felt a little discombobulated all day long for some reason. Not sure what it was all about but everything I did all day long just felt a little bit off.

    It started early when I had to pull over because I started thinking that I couldn't remember 'locking' down the hitch ball mechanism while I was hooking the trailer up. Turns out that I did, but still can't remember doing that one simple, but oh so important, task.

    Later on it was not being able to find my phone after I thought it would be good to plug it in and recharge it while I was driving. Couldn't find it in my front pockets, where it usually lives, nor on the seat next to me. At the next gas station stop I even checked inside the trailer thinking it never made it into my pockets to begin with. Was on the point of thinking it had dropped out of my pocket and was laying on the ground up in Maine, when I thought to check my back pocket, and there it was. I have never put my phone in my back pocket before so I can't explain it.

    Made it to the campground around 5:00 after dealing with rush hour traffic coming out of Boston. A nice friendly place with lots of trees. Had to have one of the owners help me back into my spot because there are so many trees to dodge. Still not sure how he did it, but by following his instructions exactly I got the trailer to slip back into it's space with out a hitch. (pun intended).

    Spent the rest of the evening relaxing. Thought at one point about going over to an advanced contra dance in Concord, but decided that might not be good given how the rest of my day had gone. Spent my time instead figuring out what I wanted to see and visit while here, as well as lining up a couple more dance weekends and figuring out camping spots for them.

    Also spent some time talking to a couple friends, one from Colorado where they have had their first snow, and one from Nashville who will be at the dance out on Cape Cod next weekend. Sure glad the phone turned up.

No comments:

Post a Comment