Friday, October 26, 2012

    Up early this morning for some reason. It always surprises me when I go to sleep at 2 or 3 in the morning and then get up 4-5 hours later. Didn't really hit me until late this afternoon when I finally fell asleep on the couch for an hour.

   Prior to that though I did manage to get the truck over to a Wally World and have the oil changed again. Hard to believe that I have driven nearly 6,000 miles already since I left Colorado in early September. It is a long way from Denver to Bangor and then down the east coast to Virginia. So far so good.

    Did dishes and got a nice shower this afternoon before sitting down and watching the start of a new DVD set on the Civil War. Lots of good information about the start of it, but had to back up and watch a bit of it over when I started to nod off.

   Headed into the dance this evening at 7:00, so I arrived there a bit early. Nice to sit for a while and talk to a couple of people I know. The 'Avant Gardners' played this evening with Mary Jo Sayler (sp) calling. First time I had heard her and she did pretty well. A good dance over all, but just couldn't get to that high point some dances reach where the music, caller and dancers just seem to find some group high. It got close tonight, but just couldn't seem to make that last step. I think it is hard to do on a Friday night with a lot of the people coming out after a long week of work and maybe a long drive to the dance. The dances on Saturday night and Sunday afternoon are often the best dances of the weekend.

   Probably won't do many of the daytime sessions tomorrow I think it may be a good time to go over and see Monticello instead. There is a hurricane coming north up the coast and once it gets here on Monday or Tuesday I doubt there will be a lot of outdoor time. Of course it may start raining even before that, so I'll have to just play everything by ear. As it is I may be baling out of this area early anyway if it starts to get to bad.

   I couple final things of note.... got an email this evening saying that my application to the Snowball in Florida was accepted. I had signed up with a friend of mine from Nashville and we had talked about it this afternoon, before either of knew. Will have to call her up again later and make sure she got the news also. For now though it is time to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment