Wednesday, October 17, 2012

   One of those days where not much of anything got accomplished, except maybe a decent shower this morning. Otherwise all the great things I had planned to do today, just got messed up in one way or another, or simply didn't get started. No big deal really, as nothing I had to do was all that important. No haircut.... couldn't find a simple barber shop. No laundry done, couldn't find a local coin operated one, didn't get my flu shot, the "3" places I went into that advertised them, either didn't have it going on at that time or today at all. I finally hung it all up, went to Chipotle and had lunch, read some of my book, and then went back to the trailer and took a hike.

   Have been rereading an old Martha Grimes mystery called 'The Case Has Altered'. All of her books are named after British Pubs and her most famous series have this wonderful cast of characters who are led by a Scotland Yard detective named Richard Jury. Along with Melrose Plant, a rather eccentric Earl who seems to be bored with being rich, they join forces to catch the bad guys, or gals. It's been long enough since reading it the first time that, even though I already know who 'dunnit', I don't remember all the details, so it is even more fun this time around. For anyone looking for a new author let me suggest Martha Grimes, not so much for the mystery part of it, but because she is such a wonderful writer. Start with her first book 'A Man With A Load Of Mischief', in which you will meet some of the best characters she has. Now; since there isn't anything else that needs doing... I'm going to go read some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment