Tuesday, October 16, 2012

   Made it the rest of the way into Maryland this afternoon and am now safely tucked into the Little Bennett State Park campground. Not a difficult travel day, just lots of lane changes and an increase of traffic as I came back east toward the city center.

   The campground I'm in is really pretty though. Over 3,000 acres of trees and trails it is covered by all kinds of hardwood trees, but mostly large oaks. It will be nice to be able to get out and wander around some and get some good hiking in. With more than 15 miles of trails in the park that should be pretty easy to do. Got all set up and plugged in with out any problems. Had to go with a 50 amp hook up here even though I really only need 30 amp's at the most. Lucky for me I have all the different types of connectors that might be needed.

   The only real problem is that there isn't any water hook ups at each site. So I will need to pack water over to use for cooking, brushing the teeth and washing hands. I could just fill the water tank up and just use the on board pump for everything, but then I would have to empty it out, drain it completely, not an easy task, and then winterize it again before taking off. Much easier to just cross the road and take a shower at the campground facilities. They are actually pretty nice, lots of hot water, and the showers are certainly better and bigger than the one in the trailer.

    Have been having computer problems again today. Not only is the one I bought last spring on the fritz, the screen looks like it has been bombed, but the back up, which I thought had been fixed, is now acting up again also. Still having problems with it booting up correctly, it seems to do it right when it feels like it. Worked on it a bit this afternoon and at least got it to boot back up and allow me to get on line. What a hassle. May have to do something more drastic if it doesn't settle back down and start working again. It would be great if I was in a place that I knew someone, or someplace to take a computer for repairs. It would also be nice to be in one place long enough to get it done, but I don't have that luxury with this life style, so I'll just have to deal with it in some other way.

    Have been listening to the debate this evening and doing some reading. My book is much more interesting, but I like to keep up with what is going on. I am grateful that I don't have to put up with all the TV ads and robo calls of my friends and family back in Colorado. It will be interesting to see how it all comes out. Yes, I do have a favorite, and I will be voting this election, but I don't think I'll say any more than that about the subject. Those of you who know me well will already know what my political leanings are.

    Need to go do laundry tomorrow and get a hair cut and if time allows maybe I'll go see a movie also. Lots of other things to do in this area of course and I hope to be able to get out and do a lot of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment