Friday, October 12, 2012

    Only time for a short note this evening, I'm tired, it's nearly 1:00 a.m. and I should of been in bed an hour ago. That being said; it has been a simply marvelous day today. Not the getting up early part, that is never easy for me, but it had to be done today as it was moving day again.

   Had the trailer packed up and on the road by 9:30 this morning. That was even after having to pack a couple of bags for this weekend dance that starts to night. It did mean hooking up in the rain also, but it wasn't raining too hard and by now it is a pretty standard procedure for me.

    Rained on me all the way down Hwy 495 to Cape Cod before it finally started to clear up. The dance organizers had made it pretty clear that you shouldn't show up much before 3:30 this afternoon so I actually stopped for a couple of hours when I got to within 40 miles of the place and played on the computer for awhile. Of course I got involved with dealing with some software issues that ended up taking more time than anticipated, so it was about 4:30 when I finally made it into Camp Farley, out near the town of Mashpee, on old Cape Cod.

    A pleasant surprise when I got here was that they had a nice place for me to park Esmeralda and even better was the fact that I would be able to stay in her instead of moving to one of the cabins with everyone else. On a cold night like this you might think a cabin would be nicer, but actually the cabins are all unheated and there are no bathrooms in any of them. Now the trailer is also unheated as there is no 120v elec. service to hook into, and I don't plan on using the propane heater much. But I have lots of blankets though and what is best is having a bathroom right inside that will mean not having to go outside every time I feel the urge to pee. Will still have to go out for my showers, but that no big deal as I would have to do that anyway.

    Dinner was at 6:00 this evening and it was home made chili and cornbread. Yum! The dance started at 7:45 with the band Elixir playing the first set and Nils Freidland calling. From the very first dance it was a ton of fun. I danced every dance this evening and am now exhausted, but still a bit to hyper to go to sleep. The band Crowfoot took over for the next set with Will Mentor doing the calling. Another great band and caller and more great dancing. The hall is maybe just a little bit to small for all the people here, but somehow it all works out and there was a whole lot of happy faces on the dance floor. Ran into a couple of people I knew of course, Cathy from Nashville, Frances from Jersey and Bruce from NC among others. Pretty good dancers over all and very polite also. Not a lot of flourishes and twirls going on except from a few of the younger crowd.

   Need to go hit the rack because it is all going to start up again tomorrow around 8:00 a.m. I don't plan on being up that early, but will need to be up and going at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment