Saturday, November 10, 2012

     Sorry for the delay.... went contra dancing last night and it was a bit late when I got back. A pretty nice day over all yesterday. Spent a couple of hours doing stuff around the trailer. Didn't get the wiring short fixed, but did spend some time up on the roof spraying new sticky stuff all over the place. When I say sticky stuff, that is exactly what I mean. This stuff comes in a spray can and when you push the button it shoots out in little clotted strings of super sticky stuff that looks kinda like a cross between silly string and cotton candy. It goes everywhere! Did manage to get the majority of it to land where I think it needed to be, so I guess we'll see next time it rains hard, which may be Monday from what I hear.

     A dance friend of mine here in Atlanta had asked me and a couple of other dancers over to her place before the dance for a light meal and some good conversation. Amy made a couple different types of home made soup, salads and quiche, all of which were very tasty. Company was also very pleasant with a few friends I already knew, as well as a couple of new friends that were very nice to meet. We spent a couple pleasant hours talking and eating before heading on over to the evening dance.

   The dance was a very nice affair. It was a nice surprise to see so many people I already knew and even better that so many of them seemed to know who I was. The band had some unpronounceable french name and was the band that had won last years 'Catapult' band and caller contest weekend here in Atlanta. A very good band overall, kind of a mix of Cajun, French and old time contra music. Very danceable and they were really doing well by the end of the evening. Good calling by some young kid, Michael, and lots of pleasant partners to dance with. So I was pretty tired by the time the dance ended around 11:30.

   The best part though is that it starts all over again today and tonight. Probably won't do much during the day, but am looking forward to the dance this evening as the 'Latter Day Lizards' will be playing this evening and they are usually a pretty 'smokin' band.

No comments:

Post a Comment