Thursday, November 8, 2012

    Moving day today, so that means being up way to darn early in the morning. Cold again this morning also, only 35 when I got up, but at least the sun was shining and most of the clouds were finally gone. Had the trailer packed up and was on my way before 9:30, not a record, but still pretty good for me.

    Only 120+/- miles to drive down to Atlanta, so a little more than 2 hours for me. I'm actually just east of the main city, out in a suburb called Norcross. Have camped at this RV place once before, last year actually, right around this same time. It is an alright place to be, but nothing real special. A couple of good features is that it is cheap, only $165 for a week, and it is close to town and where the dance will be this weekend.

    Got all set up and had some lunch before settling in for the afternoon. They don't have free WiFi here, but they do have a service you can buy from. About $12 for a weeks worth so I went ahead and set up an account with them and paid via my paypal account. The only problem is that paypal was suppose to send me back to the provider site after payment so I could get my password, but it bombed me out of the whole deal of course, except for the paying part that is. No way to get back into that particular transaction so I have been reduced to leaving a voice message at the phone number the service had as well as an email to their web site. Not real hopeful that they will ever get back to me, but I can always hope. In the meantime I still have my regular WiFi device I can use. One plus with using it is that the Atlanta area actually has 4G coverage, so it is pretty fast.

    Tired this evening so it has been pretty relaxed here. Have read two books since this afternoon, they were short books, made some dinner and basically curled up on the couch with a couple extra pillows, some good tunes on the iPod, and a cup of tea. Life in my version of a 'man cave' is pretty good all in all.

    Need to do some work on the trailer tomorrow if it warms up enough. Picked up a couple of cans of spray on roofing mastic last week and am just waiting for the roof to totally dry out and warm up enough to use it. I can't believe after all my attempts it is still leaking a bit around the front skylight. It must be coming in somewhere totally away from that location cuz I've worked on that area enough that it should keep out a storm of biblical proportions at this point. And to think, this all started 4 years ago when I drove under a tree in New Mexico.

    Also need to try and track down a short in the electric line that runs my front jack. That's the one that moves the trailer tongue up and down onto the hitch ball. For a couple months now it has cut out periodically and refused to run. Lucky for me you can still work the mechanism using just a socket wrench, but it is a pain in the butt, and I really shouldn't have to do that. I think it might be a loose connection on the grounding side, so I'll crawl under the trailer tomorrow and see if I can figure it all out. Have to admit that one thing I really hate is doing electrical work. I really don't understand it very well and I really hate that something you can't see can basically kill you.... now if they could just make it purple or something it would be a lot better.

    The Atlanta contra dance starts tomorrow evening and I am so looking forward to that. There should be a few people here that I haven't seen for a while. Also have an invitation to dinner with a couple of friends earlier in the evening so that will be nice too. For now though it is time for a couple more chapters and then bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment