Thursday, January 24, 2013

    A very nice day for me today. An easy morning reading the comics, doing the cross word and checking out fb and email. Pretty routine stuff for me most days. Had a message from a couple Colorado friends who are coming in for the contra dance this weekend asking if I could pick them up from the airport and take them over to their hotel. Haven't heard back from them yet, but assume that is one thing on my list for tomorrow.

    Had time for a quick walk around the park here just to get out and stretch a bit before starting in on my errands for the day. First on my list was going over to see the movie 'Zero Dark Thirty'. Had been wanting to see it for quite some time and am glad to have done it, even though it was quite disturbing in several places. Interesting to find out some more of the background behind the killing of Bin Laden and was most interested to note that the movie showed that there was no new information on his where abouts that was gotten by the use of torture. It wasn't until the CIA actually went to work and did some detective work that his where abouts was discovered. The only thing I wasn't ready for about the movie was that it was nearly 3 hours long. Boy did I need to go to the bathroom by the time it ended.

    Seemed like a nice day out so I splurged and had lunch at a 'Chipotle' restaurant right there in the same shopping center. I always love their chicken burritos. A nice lunch while reading a magazine and watching the world go by.

    Went and did some grocery shopping afterwards. Needed to pick up some more oranges and another bottle of honey. Also found another pair of river shoes I liked. A different color and this pair doesn't have a heel, just a strap, so getting rid of rocks under your foot ought to be easier.

    Not much else going on tonight. Will probably read for most of it, but do need to do one piece of trailer maintenance before then. My shower floor had a crack in it even before I bought it, because the manufacture never put anything under the fiberglass pan to support it. I ended up shooting a can of expansive foam under it and that seemed to do a pretty good job of shoring it up. It didn't do anything for the actual crack though, so I've been getting by with just applying that universal 'fixit' material; Duct Tape. It also has worked pretty well, but it finally lost all of it's sticky quality and has let some water in. So this morning I coated it all over with some clear caulking and will apply some more duct tape just to finish it off.

    Below are a few pictures I took yesterday afternoon while out for a walk. Picked out the top 6 that I liked but couldn't cut it down any farther than that. Each are a bit different as the scene was changing while the sun was going down. So enjoy!

Variations on a Sunset - Fort DeSoto County Park Florida - Jan 23, 2013

 

 

 

 

 

 
 
The one other photo from yesterday. A nearly full moon was coming up as the sun went down in the west. It was a very beautiful evening.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment