Tuesday, January 15, 2013

   Spent a nice day helping out a friend here in the Orlando area. Basically it involved holding the ladder while she climbed on her roof and swept all the leaves out of the valleys. So I guess it was important that I be there in case someone was needed to dial 911 if she fell off, but it was a good thing that never happened. So a short hour or so of "work" and then it was off to the beach for some lunch.

   We ended up out at New Smyrna Beach, just north of Orlando. We ended up at a little beach bar there called Chasers where we both had a bite to eat. I ended up with, what else, fish tacos, while Jan settled on this huge burger. Both meals were wonderful, especially washed down with a couple cold beers. Not much better than sitting in the sunshine, overlooking the ocean and having something to eat and drink.

   I dropped Jan off around 3:30 and headed back toward the trailer as I was expecting a call from some other friends who had flown in from Colorado. We were all suppose to go out to dinner together this evening to celebrate one of their birthdays, but I waited and waited and no call ever came through. Finally looked a bit closer at the phone and realized that the ring tone volume was turned all the way down and that they had been trying to get ahold of me all afternoon and early evening. Long story short is that I blew it and missed out on a fun dinner with two charming ladies and it was all my own stupid fault.

    I'm still hopeful that they will still try to get ahold of me tomorrow as there may be a chance to do some canoeing with them and other fun things. Will just have to wait and see on that one though.

No comments:

Post a Comment