Wednesday, January 23, 2013

     To busy yesterday to get anything posted. It was a fun day spent with my sister and her husband at their house in Palm Coast. We had a pleasant morning just hanging out, eating breakfast and goofing off. I finished up some laundry and Barb and I worked on our Pine Needle baskets for a few minutes also.

    We all headed for St Augustine late in the morning. We went up to wander around some of the art galleries that they know and enjoy. It's fun to go into them every time we are in town and some of the owners and sales people are even starting to remember who I am. Or at least that I am some how related to some one. It is also fun to wander around and really get a chance to look at some of the art work with my sister or brother in law telling me little bits about the artist or that particular piece of art. Over and over it hits me how many talented people are out there. Lot's of different styles, especially in painting, but all are of some interest to me. Would love to take home a dozen or so pieces I saw yesterday. Lucky for me I not only live in a very small trailer..... but I'm to poor to afford most of it. Someday I'll end up in a place where I can once again think about buying and owning art work again... But right now, it's kind of nice to just look.

   We had to make a trip down one of the old streets there in town and look at some of the shops. I needed to find another crystal to add to the ones in my truck, and ended up with a nice red one this time. We also found a new shop there that sold all kinds of olive oil, balsamic vinegars and fruit wines. Some were quite yummy!

    We had lunch at A1A brew pub right there overlooking the harbor. I love their fish tacos that have some kind of really different sauce they put on them. Add in a nice pint of their amber ale and it is a lunch fit..... for us.

     I stayed with the two of them until early evening before taking off. They fed me one more wonderful meal and then I left. Always seems to happen that way. A nice drive back to the park and the trailer with lots of time to think about the past week and then the upcoming ones. I am truly blessed with a great life.

   Up early this morning and hooked up and on my way by 10:00. Other than spending about $12 in tolls it was an easy drive. Down to I-4 then west to Tampa and I-275. Off at exit #17 and then a couple of miles out to Fort De Soto County Park. Checked in at the main office where my reservation was all correct and ready to go. My site is one of the inner loop ones, so I'm not right on the water, but it is only about 50 feet away, so not too bad. Mine is also a pull through site that is at least twice as long as the back in ones. About 15 mins to set up, another 20 to get some lunch and then it was time for a nap. Woke up in time to take a nice walk around the campground area here in the park. Took a few photo's of the sunset over the mangrove trees this evening. Looking forward to relaxing tomorrow. Need to do some grocery shopping but also want to go see a movie and look for a new bike. Here are a few pictures from my walk on Flagler Beach with my sister as well as my one and only shot in St Augustine.
 
Flagler Beach Florida + one photo in St Augustine


Lot's of birds on the beach the day we were there. I'm pretty sure this is a Sand Piper, just not sure which one of dozens it is.

I am pretty sure that this one, which for some reason reminds me of Groucho Marx, is a Royal Tern.

Here we have Larry, Curly and Moe.

The pier at Flagler Beach.

You would think that it would be easy to identify these birds.... they're seagulls right? Turns out that not only are there dozens of kinds of these also, but some of them also change their look every year for their first 4 years. So I give up.

There was a little surf running that day. Enough that there were several people out trying to surf.... they weren't very good. So there are no pictures of them.

The required pictures of the surf hitting the pier pilings.

I like this one better.

Went to take some pictures on the day we went to St Augustine and this was the first one of the day. Unfortunately it was also the only photo of the day since the battery took that time to die. Of course the spare battery was back at the house in my truck. Oh well.... just means there is yet another reason to go back. This photo is of one of the towers of the old Flagler Hotel. A beautiful building that is now being used as the Flagler Collage main building.

No comments:

Post a Comment