Thursday, January 10, 2013

  Note: Sorry, this one did not load right for some reason. It should of first appeared around the 24th of December last year as I started my trip north to W. Virginia.


  North through the red clay cotton fields of Georgia. I left the trailer down in McIntosh early this morning. Fisherman's Cove RV camp had a site where Esmerelda could stay while I'm out and about. Clear but cool when I left, it turned into heavy rain by the time the Georgia line came up, and it was down right pouring by the time I passed Macon.

    For a change, there was no rain in Atlanta, neither was it dark or even rush hour. In fact it was the fastest and easiest time going through Atlanta that I have ever had. Chattanooga came up just as light was fading in the west. I wasn't expecting to much, but decided to check out a laundry mat that I know is there. Hard to believe, but it was open until midnight tonight. I only needed about 45 min's to do my one load of dirty clothes that didn't get done yesterday. You know; you can meet some really interesting people doing laundry on Christmas Eve.

    Full dark brought night fog along the river bottoms and low lands. I made it nearly to Knoxville before pulling in for the evening. Unlike some travellers long, long ago, there was no problem finding plenty of room at the Inn tonight. A couple of hours watching TV and relaxing, tonight it was 'A Christmas Story' and 'How To Train Your Dragon'. Good, mindless stuff.

    Need to do another 6-8 hrs tomorrow. If the past is any indication, there will be no traffic to speak of at least. One more night in a hotel somewhere and then nearly a week of good music, friends and dancing. I am so ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment