Monday, January 21, 2013

    Drove up to my sisters place in Palm Coast this morning.... just in time to help peel nearly 20 lemons in order to make this years supply of Lemoncello.... yum! A slightly different recipe this year... maybe it won't be so strong that one shot will put you on the floor.

    We went over to Flagler beach this afternoon and walked along the shore for better than an hour. It was fun watching all the shore birds and the brown pelicans. Took lots of pictures and hope at least one or two of them are good enough to post later on.

    By the time we were back at the house it was time for dinner. My sister and brother-in-law had started a big pot of beans early on and Barb made a big pan of home made cornbread to go with them... what a feast.

    Barb and I spent the evening learning how to make pine needle baskets. She actually knew a bit about how to do it already so her job was more to show me how to do it.  I get an 'A' for effort. but there is a long way to go before anything worth while comes out. Lucky for me materials are cheap. Have to remember to collect some of the long needles from the trees down here.

   We are off to St Augustine tomorrow. It will be time to go up and visit a couple really cool art galleries that they both know. I wonder if some new piece of art work will come home with them tomorrow.  St Augustine also means a trip to the local brew pub, A1A, for fish tacos and cold beer. I'm hungry already.

No comments:

Post a Comment