Thursday, January 3, 2013

   Feeling a lot better today, the cough isn't so constant and harsh and my sinus passages are a bit clearer. Still under the weather a bit, but certainly on the mend. Good enough to get out and about a little this afternoon anyways.

   First on the list was some real food since it has been two days since I have eaten anything other than hot tea and chocolate covered cherries. You know, those really cheesy kind that you can buy for a dollar a box at Christmas times. Turns out I love them, so I buy a single box every year just for myself. I'm down to one final cherry which will get eaten some time tomorrow morning.

   But for today I needed real food and that meant going to a local chinese buffet place I know of here in town. It was good to eat some solid food again and it really tasted good to have a bowl of hot and sour soup. Probably ate too much, cuz I always do at these places, but I felt much better afterwards.

    From there it was on to the laundry mat to do a couple of loads of clothes. That only took a bit more than an hour to do which left the rest of the afternoon to goof off in. Since it had been awhile since I had done a 'boys night out' at the movies I went over to the local cinema and checked out the movies that were playing. The only one this afternoon that wouldn't require more than an hour wait was 'Django', a new one out by Quinton Tarentino and starring Jamie Fox and a bunch of other famous and semi famous people. Ostensibly about slavery, it is definitely a Tartentino flick complete with plenty of gratuitous violence. Still very enjoyable though, so if you are a guy, or happen to like those kinds of movies, it is well worth a look. Otherwise there aren't a whole lot of socially redeeming qualities to any of it.

    Have been hanging out in the room all evening watching past episodes of CSI and The Big Bang Theory. Nothing very exciting, but better than nothing. Need to go get the oil changed in the truck tomorrow. Hope to feel even better by then because the 'Chattaboogie' dance weekend starts tomorrow night. Great Bear Trio will be playing again and I'm not sure who the other band will be or either of the callers. Will know more by this time tomorrow night. Time for bed now though.

No comments:

Post a Comment