Sunday, January 6, 2013

    Finished up the last day of 'Chattaboogie' this afternoon. A very fun dance overall, but it could of been better if my allergies hadn't been acting up as bad as they have been lately. Not sure why they are so bad this year at this time. I am usually effected to some degree at every dance. It is just a simple matter that there is always dust stirred up at a dance.... and I am allergic to dust. I think this was a bit more serious this year, but I hope it will disappear once I move south into a warmer climate again.

    Yesterday I actually went over and danced the afternoon session since I had sat out the evening dance the night before. The GBT were playing for that session as well as for the last evening session. Lot's of fun dances with  a great number of friends from around the SE part of the country. I was still coughing a little bit, but cough drops, butterscotch treats and cinnamon candy do wonders at keeping a tickle at bay.

    Sad to see the dance end this afternoon. It was over early enough though that I had a chance to go catch a late afternoon movie. 'Jack Reacher' was on the agenda today, mainly because it was the one I had to wait the least amount of time for. It turned out to be an okay movie actually, if what you like is one light on plot and heavy on gratuitous sex and violence. In that case you can join the ranks of most men, including me at times.

   Going to hang out for the rest of the evening, pack up a few things, get a little rest and then head out bright and early in the morning. I am hoping the weather is good as I would like to visit a few things on the way down. But if it is cold and windy, or worse, rainy, I'll be turning tail and making a B-line to The sun and the warmth.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment