Thursday, April 5, 2012

    Just a short note this evening, it's already midnight and I still have some packing to do before hitting the rack. Rainy for most of the day here in Asheville. Used the time to get a couple of loads of laundry done before hitting the road again. Got both sets of sheets done so I should be good for another 2-3 weeks and I have enough clothes to go longer than that if need be. Have never really cared for having to do laundry, but it has never bothered me too much either. It's a bigger pain in the butt though while on the road, first off is the matter of finding one near where you are, then the whole packing and unpacking thing, having change, ect. It was certainly a lot better when I had a washer and dryer of my own. I did get a real break today though in that I was just taking the last load out of the dryer when this big crack of thunder and lightning went off somewhere close by and wiped out the electricity for the whole surrounding area. Sometimes you're just lucky.

   Doing laundry isn't all bad though, you do tend to meet some interesting people at the laundry mat. Interestingly enough I have yet to run into any young ladies who fall madly in love me while I'm busy folding underwear and matching up socks. Damn movies!

    Went over to the local contra dance this evening. There was a really good turnout tonight despite of, or maybe because of, the rain. Four full lines for a lot of the evening. Many new, young dancers this evening who kept mistaking their 'right hand' for their 'other right hand'. It's all good though, and like I always say, if you don't like the way a person dances, give it 20 seconds and you have a new one to dance with anyway. It's the true beauty behind contra dancing.

    Was going to post a few more pictures of the Biltmore this evening, but I think I'll hold off until another day. I need to be packed up and on the road tomorrow morning sometime. Headed back east and a bit south towards Charleston, SC. Will have two days to get to where I need to go, so I'm not going to be in to big of a hurry. But... in case I'm off the grid; Happy Easter to all of you.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment