Saturday, April 28, 2012

    Seems like it's been a long day today and since it's now close to 1:00 in the morning I guess it has been. Woke up early this morning, ate a little breakfast and got on the road again. Only had to do  about 80 miles so I drove for about an hour and then pulled into a McD's and plugged the computer in. Checked email and FB and read the comics of course, also sat and watched the latest episode of 'The Big Bang Theory'. One of the few TV shows on that I try to stay current with. This episode was a real hoot like usual.

    By the time that was over it was time to get back on the road again. Only a minor problem finding the place, Emma, my GPS took me to the YMCA camp in the area instead of the 4-H camp. Lucky for me there was a sign for Camp Seratoma right there where the YMCA was, so it was just a matter of staying on the road and following the signs.

   As was my plan I went ahead and pulled into the driveway to the camp when I got here. It almost turned into one of those really bad situations where you have pulled in but there is no place to turn around and it's a half mile of backing up to get anywhere you can turn around. But there was just enough room at the very end of the road for me to back up and swing around and head back out. Alas, no room to park the beast at the camp so it was on to plan 'B'. On my way up the last hill I had seen a campground sign about a mile before the turnoff, so I drove down there and pulled in. It's sort of a state campground, but the 4-H group once had it, and now there's no money, and no one wants to deal with it, and there are no real facilities, and some guy kind of administers it for 'someone'. Never did figure out what it all meant, but I did manage to find someone to pay $30 to so I could set up and spend the next 3 nights here. No hook-ups of course, so it's rather sparse camping. Still, it is a very pretty camping area, and there shouldn't be all that many people here over the weekend.

   Got the trailer unhooked and all set up before having a snack and then taking a nap for about an hour. Read some this afternoon, and took a short walk over to look at the river, otherwise it was an easy afternoon. Around 7:00 it was time to get dressed and head over to the dance. Checked in there and chatted with a few folks I knew. We were all in line and ready to go by 8:00 when the music started up. A new band and caller for me this evening. Land and Sky was the band and Louie Cromarterie (sp) was the caller. Very impressed with the band and the caller also, it turned out to be a really fun, high energy evening with lots of nice dance partners. Only sat out one dance the whole evening and that was when I went off to find a bathroom and got back too late. The dance hall is this huge old wooden barn like building built back in the 30's or 40's by the CCC's. Not a bad floor considering, and the acoustics are actually better than you would think. The dance went until nearly midnight after which a bunch of us ended up over in the dining hall for snacks and drinks. I didn't stay too late as I was ready for some sleep. Grabbed the truck and headed back down the hill to the trailer. Glad it's only a mile or so, but still wish the trailer was up at the camp instead.

    (Note:) My WiFi thingy wasn't working very well last night and kept fading out just when I would get ready to post this, so I had to wait until this morning to go and find someplace with a decent signal. Unfortunatly, McDonalds is often the easiest and most convienant place to go, and as we all know, they are everywhere. So it was a matter of getting in the truck and driving about 8 miles to find one. It's times like that when a GPS unit really comes in handy. Now if it can just get me back to the trailer in a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment