Wednesday, April 18, 2012

    Nice easy day for me today. Spent a leisurely morning with a late breakfast and the reading of the comics and doing a couple of crossword puzzles. I wanted a day around the area so I hung out around the trailer for most of the day. Read part of a book, I'm trying to finally finish up 'Walden', worked on the computer and did some work on my model train layout. I have put together a 2'x5.5' layout on a couple of pieces of 2" thick rigid foam and have been busy laying roadbed and installing track and switches. Today I was trying to finish up the wiring so I could actually start to run trains. Yes, I am a guy, yes, I am old, and yes, I do still play with trains.... and I like it. :)  Will put up a couple pictures in a day or two and give you all and idea of what it is all about.

   Spent several hours finishing up putting my music files back together. When my computer died last month I had everything backed up, so I never lost anything, but some how when it came to reloading everything back into iTunes many of the music files got doubled or moved to a new place or both. The end result was that more than 8,000 songs were duplicated, some of them as many as 4-5 times. It has taken a while to go through and clean it all out while trying not to erase files that I can't reload because the original CD's are back home in storage. Finally got it done and it is now backed up not only on the regular hard drive I use for music but also on the hard drive I use as a back up to the back up. Cheap insurance compared to all the hours I had to sit here and erase files one at a time.

   Did take a couple of hours off late this afternoon and went down to the beach for a nice walk. The ocean is still a bit cool this far north, but the sun was warm and it felt good to wade in the ocean. Not many people out there either, I think most of the spring break crowd are done for the year.

   Will head back into Charleston for one last time tomorrow. I need to do some grocery shopping and I'm going to look for a bike a bit more. There is also a 'Fire' museum in North Charleston that I saw the other day. I assume it is a museum of fire engines and equipment, but if it is open I thought it might be interesting to take a look.

    Finally; have heard from a couple of people that they are having problems logging on to this site. If any of you know anyone that is having a problem please help them if you can or let me know so I can see what I can do from my end. Also, not sure if the 'comments' feature finally got turned on when I played around with it the other day cuz I haven't gotten any comments as of yet. This may just be because no one has tried to write one yet, but if you did try and had trouble posting it please let me know that also so I can figure out what needs to be done. It's all new to me so I'm not very good as this yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment