Thursday, April 26, 2012

    One of those really easy days that happen every once in a while. Up early (ier) this morning because it was a moving day. It was sunny again this morning, which was nice since it had clouded up and rained for a couple hours last night. By the way, the skylight vent still leaks, just not as much. Will wait to make sure it wasn't just residual water left over from the day before, but I think it means having to be a bit more aggressive at finding the leak and fixing it. Got all packed up and all the tanks dumped and was on the road by 10:30. Not real early, but then there was no hurry today as I have two days to go about 200 miles, or less. So after about an hour on the road, and the rain pouring down again, I pulled into a McDonald's and plugged the computer in. Had a chicken sandwich and a side salad and sat for a couple hours watching the news, reading the comics and doing a couple cross word puzzles. Hit the road again in mid afternoon after the rain had quit and the sun had come out again. Drove a few more miles and pulled into a super Wal-mart and walked around looking at stuff for another hour or so. By that time it was early evening so I went a few more miles and pulled into a rest area for the night.

   Kind of a nice place here. This particular rest area has a separate area just for cars/trucks pulling trailers. It even has individual pull-outs for each unit, so it's not a bad place to be. Except; the highway is only 100' or so from where the trailer is parked, so it's a bit noisy at the moment. I expect that to quite down as it gets later and later. Already there are a lot fewer vehicles on the road and it's only a bit after 9:00 pm.

    So I'll spend the night here and be on the road pretty early in the morning. Tomorrow I go the rest of the way up the YMCA near Danbury, NC for the next weekend dance. Not sure what I'll find there as several people have told me that there is plenty of space for me and the trailer, while others have said they weren't sure if there was room. Either way there won't be any hook-ups, but that's okay as long as I have access to a shower somewhere. Also, I plan to get there a little bit after noon so if it doesn't look good I'll have time to pull out and go to my fall back spot. Looking forward to a good night of dancing tomorrow night in any case. GBT are the main band for the weekend so I'm happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment