Friday, April 6, 2012

    So the life of a Gypsy, dancing or otherwise, isn't always so romantic as it sounds. For instance; I'm currently parked in a rest area parking lot just west of Columbia, SC. Me and about a dozen big rigs are sharing this huge parking area set up so the truckers can pull in and get some sleep instead of running down the highway half asleep killing people and small furry animals. I've parked like this dozens of times when moving from one place to another would take more than one day of travel, so it's no big deal. It's often more difficult or time consuming to try and find an RV park to pull in to for the night. Plus it was always my intention to be able to do this exact thing if need be. I just find any more that it is really quite convenient even though the ambiance sometimes leaves something to be desired. As long as no one pulls in right next to me during the night and then leaves their diesel running for the whole time, I'll be thankful.

    Left Asheville this morning in the midst of a rain shower. What a bummer to have to pack up everything in the wet and the cold. But I was out of there by 9:30, pretty good timing for me, and on the road to the east. No real hurry to get anywhere, my reservation at the State Park near Charleston doesn't start until Sunday afternoon. Timing is one of those difficult things anymore when you are planning 3 months out. Got the reservations for the park that long ago, but made plans for some of the other shorter stays as I went along. Once in awhile I either miscount the days or they don't have room for me for the whole period I want. So it pays to be a bit flexible at times.

   Had a good discussion this morning with some friends in Colorado over what a 'Blog' really is. Growing up there was your basic diary, which of course no boy would ever cop to writing in as that was just for girls with cooties. No for us guys it was that more romantic form of writing right out of the west, 'The Journal'. So what is it, now that I'm a bit older, diary, journal, Blog... who the hell cares! It will just be what it is and that is good enough for me.

   Was going to finish up posting the last of the Biltmore photo's tonight, but I see that my computer battery is fast using up the last of it's power. Will need to get that spare one next time a Best Buy comes into view. Perhaps tomorrow... until then.... goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment