Thursday, November 28, 2013

   Awoke to a very cold, but also very sunny, day this morning. I am so glad the trailer is hooked up to shore power, and that my portable electric heaters are both working, cuz it would of been really chilly taking a shower this morning otherwise.

    It's Thanksgiving today of course, also the 2nd day of Hanukkah. My usual Thanksgiving ritual was thrown a little bit out of wack this year. For the last several years this day has come while I've been camped up in the Tallahassee area and I would simply grab my book, a thermos of margaritas and my beach chair and head for the beach out on St Georges Island. But for some reason this year I'm a full week further along for some reason, so when I checked the map for a nice beach to go sit on nothing really showed up that was less than several hours away from here. Now I am sure there are some sections of beach around here close somewhere, but not being local I have no idea where they would be. So I did the next best thing and just headed over to Cedar Key instead. I knew if there wasn't an actual beach there, I would likely find some place where I could at least see some water and maybe be able to sit for a couple of hours and read my book.

   So around 11:00 I did just that. But before I put every thing in the truck and took off I also did two loads of laundry that needed to be done. One load of basic clothes and one load of sheets and towels. Lucky for me there is a laundry facility about 100' away from the trailer, over by the shower building and pool, so I could just walk everything over there and back again. Didn't take very long to get everything washed and dried and back into the trailer but I left the folding and other stuff for later tonight when I got back home.

   About an hour and a half to drive over to Cedar Key and once there I managed to find a nice public bench that looked out over the bay with a view of the marina also. Sat in the sun and read my book and drank a couple of beers that I had brought along to keep me warm. In the past it has been margaritas, but for some reason a couple of 'Fat Tires' just sounded good instead. Read until a little bit after 3:00 when the locals started stirring  out from there own Thanksgiving feasts. I packed up my book and cooler and headed over to a little bar that I had seen. No real view of the water, but it was a cute little nautical themed kind of place with nets and dead fish and stuff on the walls and ceiling. Had another beer and some pretty good fish tacos before heading back up the highway.

   Have been busy cleaning and straightening up this evening. I have a friend who is flying in to Clearwater tomorrow afternoon and staying for a couple of days. The trailer isn't too messy most of the time, it's just to small to let it descend into utter chaos, but it needed to be swept and cleaned and extra stuff returned to their rightful niches.  Still need to do some dishes yet, but it is otherwise looking pretty good.

   It is suppose to get down below freezing at least one more night so I also need to go empty the tanks again and set up to let one of my water faucets drip. Was surprised to find that the campground had actually left a note on my door yesterday asking me to do just that, but since they left it on the front door, the one I seldom use, I didn't actually see it until this morning. Seems like a waste of water, but I guess they are on a well here since they are so close to the actual Otter Spring, so they don't have to worry about running out. Just going to read a few more chapters in my book and then go to bed. Need to be up fairly early tomorrow as it is about a 3 hour drive down to the airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment