Monday, November 4, 2013

      Woke to the sound of raindrops drumming gently on top of the trailer this morning. The gentle tattoo of the rain seemed to energize me for some reason, and where I might have normally just rolled over and taken another short nap, this morning it was time to get up, pack up and get back on the road again.

    Leaving out of Austin around 9:30 reminded me what traffic in a big city can be like. Five lanes each way, each lane with it's own share of crazy people in them, who despite there own senses, believe that some how they can beat the odds and arrive where ever it is they need to be, just by driving a little more crazy than everyone else.... who knows, maybe they're right in that thinking. I certainly let my share of nuts cut in front of me.

    Cut off the Interstate just north of Austin and hit a diagonal to the NE. A steady couple of hours of driving in the intermittent rain has brought me to a late, late lunch in the town of Tyler Texas. Will likely hang out here for another hour or so. Emma, my GPS, is telling me that there is only 12 1/2 hours left to go before my next destination in Norcross Georgia. No big hurry to get there yet so I think I'll do another couple of hours today and then maybe 5-7 hours tomorrow and Wednesday. That should put me into Georgia on Thursday and allow me to stop and see the sights if anything comes up along the way.

    One final thing from today, got an email from the Professional Engineering/Surveying Board in Colorado telling me that my license was up for renewal again. Thought a long time about it since I haven't done any real engineering type stuff since I retired, and yet, when it came down to it, I ended up going ahead and spending the money to renew it for two more years. Guess I'm just not ready to give up that piece of my life yet... I'll see where I'm at in another couple of years.


No comments:

Post a Comment