Wednesday, November 13, 2013

   Up early yesterday, packed up and was on the road by 10:00. Other than a little bit of traffic going through Atlanta, it was really a pretty easy commute. An easy drive straight down I-75, it was cool enough to be pleasant driving until late afternoon. Other than a quick stop for some gas it was just a lot of driving. Around 2:00 I did get hungry enough to pull off the highway for some lunch, and when I saw a billboard advertising a Chinese Buffet.... well that sounded real good to me.

    Stopped for about an hour while I ate and read my magazine. Other than feeling really full, it seemed like a regular meal to me. Within an hour or so though I could tell something wasn't quite right. Lot's of noise coming from my stomach and just a continuing feeling of discord. I made it into my camp spot just west of Tallahassee by 5:15. I had reserved my space, #16, more than a month ago as this park, Coe Landing, is very popular, especially on weekends. So I pulled right in and started setting up. The park staff guy came by even before I had the trailer unhitched to collect his money. Ten days at $27 per day.... not to bad for a site that is about 20 feet away from the edge of the lake.

   It didn't take long to get everything all set up but it was already getting dark by that time so I postponed dealing with the hot water heater until tomorrow when I could see more of what I was doing. I still wasn't feeling up to par so I just bypassed eating any dinner. Instead I found myself curling up on the bed and then falling asleep. Dozed off and on until nearly midnight when I finally got up and actually went to bed. Still feeling a bit puny at that point so I first went out to the kitchen and grabbed a big plastic wash basin I keep under the sink. Was feeling like I might actually throw up at some point in the night and actually wanted to be prepared just in case.

   Never needed to use the basin, but was glad to have it nearby just in case. Slept until after 10:00 this morning, which isn't all that unusual for me except that I don't usually go to bed at 6:00 the evening before. I am now up and about for the day, no food as of yet, but have had a couple cups of hot tea. Not sure if I'll actually get anything done today, but that really isn't all that important. Right now I'm thinking a nap might not be a bad idea.


















No comments:

Post a Comment