Sunday, November 3, 2013

  Last night turned out to be a very fun time. Started out to the dance right at 7:00 p.m. and was glad I did even though it wasn't due to start until 8:00. Where as I wanted to get there at least 30 minutes early, to talk and socialize, the traffic on the highway was so backed up that I barely managed to do the 8+ miles to the dance hall with less than 10 minutes to spare.

   With that being over however I could relax and have just a wonderful time at the dance. The band was really hot tonight, most of which I attribute to the sound being much better. Lot's of wonderful tunes to dance to and plenty of fun, beautiful partners to dance with. A good percentage of the people showed up in costumes for the night, and it is always fun to see the creativity of some of them. I particularly liked the group of 4 who came in home made space person costumes complete with home made helmets that included buttons and ribbons on what looked like a colander with a small toilet bowl brush as an antennae, and all painted a nice silver color.

   Like always when you are having fun, it seemed to end way to early. The after dance party was held there at the same venue as the dance. Lot's of good food and an opportunity to talk and get to know some new people. It wasn't an extremely late night for me, but it was well after 1:00 before I finally got to bed.

    Today looks like another perfect day. Clear blue sky, almost cool outside at the moment. I'm hearing it is suppose to get up into the mid 70's before the end of day and then maybe cloud up and rain again later this evening. The last dance session of the weekend doesn't start until 2:00 this afternoon, and will last right up to 5:00 p.m. It will include an hour long 'Mega-Medley', a dance that will start off as one dance and then change on the fly to another dance every 10 minutes or so. They are always a lot of fun as the time runs on and you become more and more dehydrated and tired. Of course you can always drop out, or join back in at either end of the line. But it is fun to see if you can make it all the way through. It will be interesting to see how well my feet hold out now that I have started wearing cushioned insoles to dance. So far I have managed to dance every single dance of the sessions I have attended. If this keeps up I may actually have to start going to more morning and afternoon sessions again. For the past couple of years I have bypassed them just because I felt my feet wouldn't last long enough to do it all.

     In the meantime; before the dance starts up I'm busy cleaning up the trailer and getting ready to take off on the road again in the morning. After looking at the maps it looks like a nice leisurely route out of Austin headed NE on Hwy 79 might be fun. That will eventually take me up to I-20 which I can then take all the way into Atlanta. I'm hoping to take 3 days to do the mileage, even though I'm pretty sure I could do it in 2. Just no reason to go any faster than that, plus I really want to take my time and stop if anything comes along that looks interesting to see.




No comments:

Post a Comment