Monday, November 18, 2013

    It has been raining off and on for the last couple of days, sometimes quite hard, but mostly just a steady state drizzle that keeps everything damp and the humidity high. Since it has been up in the mid 70's as far as temperature, it hasn't been bad at all.... other than being a bit muggy at times.

     Have taken a drive both yesterday and today just as something to do, but mostly I have holed up and kept happy reading books. Currently finishing up another John Grisham novel, 'The Racketeer', and like all of his previous ones it has been highly entertaining.

   Went out this afternoon, during a lull in the heavy rain, and finally found a place to get my hair cut. One of the few things in life I still dislike doing, it only took about 15 minutes start to finish and I should now be good for another month or so. Of course I'll probably hold off way longer than that and then finally give in when I can no longer stand it.

    A wonderful evening here in the park by the lake. As I pulled back in I noticed that once again I am the only camper here in the park. Nearly hit a possum heading to my trailer, but it was running pretty quick as it crossed the road in front of me. It's foggy out over the water of the lake this evening. In the distance a few water birds have been making their 'jungle sounding' calls making it feel like I have slipped back in time 50-60 years for some reason. With Spanish moss hanging from the trees, and the lights on the poles out by the boat ramp, it feels very cozy and somehow familiar.

    Good news.... even with nearly 5 days of rain, sometimes heavy rain, there have been only a few drips coming in from the vent over the bed. Not sure where they are coming from, but they may actually be from beads of water from condensation. Right now though I think it's time to go finish up my book.... I have a couple more just waiting for me on the bookshelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment