Friday, November 22, 2013

    Was up pretty early this morning, not as early as I wanted to be, I really must learn to set that stupid alarm clock, but early enough considering what needed to be done. What was needed, of course, was to pack up the trailer and get on the road at a reasonable time. As it was, it was closer to 11:00 this morning than my normal 10:00 a.m. departure time. But having only a bit less than 150 miles to go, and an estimated drive time of under 4 hours, it was no big deal that it took me longer to eat some breakfast and do most of the rest of my morning routine.

    A nice day for travel actually. The temp was a little warmer than I would of preferred at around 74 degrees, but there were plenty of clouds, so it never got steamy hot in the truck. The driving was indeed pretty easy. About 40 miles on the interstate to begin with and then a switch onto a 4 lane divided highway for all but 6 miles of the rest of the trip.

    Made it into the campground at Otter Springs right at 2:30 and was checked into and all set up within an hour of arriving. A quick bite to eat for a late lunch and then some quiet time to read and take a short nap. Ran into the town of Chiefland early this evening to do some grocery shopping. Didn't really need a whole lot of stuff, some fresh fruit and veggies, so it didn't take me very long to get in and get out.

    Got back to the trailer just a little bit before dark, so I did get a short walk in today. Felt good to be able to get up and move around a little. I have been to this little campground for a couple weeks in each of the last two years. So I have a pretty good idea of what there is to see and do in the area. Some of it isn't worth seeing again, but there are actually a couple state parks in the area and there is always the ocean to go see.... and even the town of Gainsville isn't all that far away. Right now though I'm going to go read some more of my book and think about what it is I want to do tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment