Sunday, March 17, 2013

   A colder day yesterday, but not to bad overall. Still... it was a nice day to just stay inside and read and hang out. Finally out and about a couple of hours before the dance. Needed to go pick up a bottle of wine and some snacks to share for the after dance party, so I wanted to go out for some dinner also. Ended up at Chipoltle for a chicken burrito before going on to the dance.

    The band was right on target the whole night, playing some wonderfully jazzy-bluesy numbers that made you wonder why all contra music wasn't like this. Every member of the band is so talented, but when the sax-flute player would kick in, or the guitar player would start spinning off electric guitar riffs, it was 'just' so much fun. Lot's a nice dance partners of course. Lot's of new ones, but a few whom I've met before.

   So it is nearly time to get going for the last few hours of dancing for the weekend. The only problem I'm having with the whole idea is the snow that is drifting down outside of the trailer. I'm hearing that it isn't suppose to amount to much, but I'll keep my eye on it in case I need to just hang out here for another day. A nice thing about being retired is that you really don't need to be in a hurry to be somewhere most of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment