Thursday, March 7, 2013

   Wonderfully warm and sunny again today. Nearly 70 degrees this afternoon and it should be close to 80 by tomorrow afternoon. Of course I'll be leaving town at that time so it really won't matter much, but still, it would of been nice to have had some warm weather these past 5 days or so.

     Routine morning around the place anyway. Did get a call from a friend in Nashville who was skipping work for the day because of her birthday, so that was nice to get a chance to talk to her for a little bit. Otherwise it was pretty standard other than making a couple of meals to put in the fridge for the next couple of days while I'm on the road.

   I went into town this afternoon for a little while and had a late lunch at Chipoltle for one last time. I'm sure they have them somewhere along the route I'll be following, but it may be a while before I get a chance to stop at one again and I was feeling a need for some mexican food, even if it isn't really all that authentic. Compared to some I've had, it's a lot better than most. I mean really, who ever thought of Velveeta as even being real food let alone cheese? (Those cheap movie theatre nachos not withstanding).

    Also got the gas tank filled and the tire pressure checked so I hope the truck is ready to take off tomorrow now also. Got back to the trailer with sunlight enough to get some last minute things done outside. Got the new bike hung up on the bike rack on back of the trailer. I'm a little skeptical about the welding job repair that occurred way back in November in Maine. The whole thing still seems to move more than it really ought to. But there is a pretty good lever arm on the bumper with the bike rack sticking out like it does, and the bumper isn't made of very heavy steel either. So I'll keep my eye on it pretty closely and hope the whole thing doesn't fall off as I'm driving down the highway doing 65 mph.

    Also got some new, improved duct tape put on one section to the roof where it had an argument with a tree limb several years ago. Would like to find something a bit more permanent to fix it with, but so far the tape seems to be doing a good job in the one location. I've just had to replace it every so often as the ultra-violet sunlight has rotted it out. Just found some UV resistant tape though, so I'm going to give that a try this time around and see if it will last any longer than the regular stuff I've been using.

    So I'll be heading west towards Baton Rouge Louisiana sometime in the morning. There will be some extra packing away to do since I've been here in one spot so long. You can really start to see 'Chaos Theory' working in real life just by looking at all the stuff that gets brought out and then not immediately returned to it's own place right away. It won't take all that long to get on the road though, even if it looks like I once again put my lever bar for the hitch equaliser bars down somewhere and can't find it now. May have to stop at a Home Depot along the way again and buy yet another 2' long piece of 3/4" pipe.

    Will eventually end up in Columbia Missouri sometime next week. There is a dance there that starts next Friday night so I hope to get there a day or two before that. No real hurry to get there any sooner as the weather in that area is suppose to stay cold right through most of the week. May actually have to put some long pants on again at some point.

  But in the meantime life is good and I'm ready to be out on the road again. Will really miss some of the people whom I've met and really gotten to know while down here this year. One nice thought is that I'll get to see some of them sooner or later at a dance or two. For those that don't dance it is quite likely that I'll be hunting up a nice warm beach to sit on again come next Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment