Thursday, March 21, 2013

   Figured it was time to get to it and write something down since I went and posted a link to this blog on my facebook account yesterday. When ever I do that it seems I get a rush of viewers for a couple of days before it drops off to normal again. Of course in this case the link I posted still doesn't work perfectly, so it means that people still have to take the web address and plug it directly into a search engine. Not sure why this keeps happening, I'm no computer nerd by any means, but it is getting a little old.

    So with all of that being said there really isn't all that much to report on today. Yesterday was cold, but sunny..... but cold!!!!! I'm finding that I don't do cold very well anymore, even after spending nearly 50 years dealing with it. It could be because I don't really have much in the way of cold weather clothing with me, or it could be that I just don't want to deal with it anymore. Either way I ended up just driving around the area yesterday checking out the local scenery. Basically I got lost! Nothing wrong with that of course, but I was actually looking for Bone Lick State Park to go check out mammoth bones and stuff. But could never quite home in on it. Emma, my GPS unit, was absolutely worthless too. She didn't even list that park and just kept trying to lead me down roads that didn't actually exist. Still, it could of been worse, the country around here is beautiful. Horse country sort of, at least every hill top seems to have some horse property located on the top of it. So it is a lot of going up and then back down into the little valleys and hollar's between the hills. Saw quite a few deer and more than a usual amount of wild turkeys. So the day wasn't a loss by any means.

   Ended up making a few phone calls once I stopped for a late lunch and got a chance to talk to a few of my friends from home. It was a lot warmer there in Colorado of course.... but it often is. Good to hear from them again as it had been a while. Also called up my mom and chatted for a bit. She's in the hospital at the moment dealing with some issues. At nearly 90 she is doing pretty well, but her age is certainly starting to tell. I'm wondering if I should maybe grab a plane ticket and go back and see her rather than wait until mid June. I'll have to think about that for  a bit longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment