Tuesday, March 19, 2013

    Nice day to travel today. Sunny, warmer, not much traffic. I only had about 3 hours of driving to do, but took most of the day to do it in because of all the stops along the way.  Not much all that exciting about any of the stops, breakfast, gas, bathroom, lunch, bathroom.... bathroom, get out and walk a little bit, bathroom.... you get the idea.

    Finally pulled into the Oak Creek RV Campground a little after 4:00 this afternoon. Of course part of the reason for it being so late in the day was because I also crossed over a time zone line again. So once again I am now on Eastern Standard Time. But back to the CG.... not much new here, basically your standard RV camp. Lot's of sites laid out in the bottom of a little valley. Most of the sites are 'back-in's' versus 'pull-through's' which are much easier to deal with. But after several years of doing this, even I can back in pretty much every time with out much of a problem. Of course it does mean getting out several times just to make sure there are no trees or posts that are going to jump out and bite your trailer. But nothing like that happened this time around. About 20 mins and I was all set up and ready to plug the heaters in again and brew up a cup of tea.

   So I'm located about 30 miles south of Cincinnati, not as close as I would of liked to be as far as getting back and forth to the dance this weekend, but better than some of the places I've had to stay before. My campsite backs up to a nice little creek, that isn't flooding at the moment. I have electricity at the site, but no running water as they are worried about freezing weather over the next couple of days. So it will mean going up to the main building for a shower, but that isn't a big deal either. Otherwise I'm set up for the next week and ready to start exploring. I think tomorrow I'll run into Cincinnati for the day and maybe check out their museums and aquarium. Of course there is always the 'Creation Museum' if I run out of things to do. But I'm afraid of laughing to hard at some of those exhibits and being thrown out. So I'll save that for after I've done everything else first.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment