Friday, March 8, 2013

    On the road late this morning heading north up the highway to I-10 and then turning west for a long but steady run. Six hours of driving so far has seen me pass out of Florida and into Alabama. Another hour or so will see me on into Mississippi and hopefully, someplace to pull in for the night.

   A nice day for travelling, not to warm, but nice enough to keep the shorts and t-shirt on. Beautiful country also, especially that area just west of Pensacola where the bayou's are starting to become more prevalent. It was nice to pass over one arm of the bay there just as the sun was going down in the west.

   One thing I noticed all day was the amount of smoke in the air. I've been aware that there are dozens of wild fires going on in Florida right now, but it looks like there are fires going on across the whole south right now. There may be a bit of rain in the forecast for tomorrow afternoon, but it is just as likely to have lots of lightning associated with it and not much rain. Right now though I need to get back on the road for at least another hour before I can stop for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment