Tuesday, March 5, 2013

    So my life wasn't all that exciting today... yet again.... but then, today was what a lot of my days are like in reality. I know there are some out there that admire my lifestyle, and indeed, want to be me because it seems so 'romantic' to wander around where ever the wind blows and do only things that you want to and that are really fun and interesting. Wait a moment.... that is what I do. :) On the other hand you also have days like today where it was a routine morning of breakfast, comics and crossword puzzle. Then a quick shower and a gathering up of all my dirty clothes for a trip to the laundry mat.

    Laundry is one of the things I like least about being on the road, but it is a necessary evil as I don't have enough money to throw dirty clothes out and simply buy all new ones every week. The best I can do is have enough clothing, bedding and dish towels and such to last 2-3 weeks, or maybe even longer. But 2-3 weeks is all the longer I want to let clothes I've used to dance in live in the laundry basket under the bed. You never know what kind of science experiment could grow if you leave it all for to long.

   So I ran into Ocala this afternoon and did a couple of loads in a laundry mat I know of down there. It's clean and bright and most all the machines are in working order, so it doesn't take all that long to get everything done. Got it all folded up and packed away in the truck before going over to the local Wally World to find a few bike items I needed to pick up. A water bottle and cage, a pump, some tire changing thingy's and a hip pack to hold some of that stuff, as well as a couple tools, in.

    So it is getting close to the time to take off and get on the road again which means it is time to get all those things done that need to be done before leaving. Laundry was one of those things on the list and that was done today, so tomorrow will be time to get the truck serviced again. An oil change, new air filter and a check on tire pressure and other stuff. I also need to go get the truck washed since it has been a while since it has been clean.

    Tonight has been a mellow evening of listening to NPR, reading my book and making up another big pot of chicken soup, or at least my version of chicken soup. It seems that I am capable of throwing a few ingredients in a pot, shake on a few herbs and other seasonings, cook for awhile and end up with something I can actually eat. It will come in handy too since today was a very nice day, but tomorrow is suppose to be rather cold. Time to go to bed right now though.


No comments:

Post a Comment