Wednesday, March 6, 2013

   A warmer and sunnier day today. Not that warm really, only about 62 for a high, but much nicer than it has been for quite some time. Headed out for Gainsville after lunch as I wanted to go get the truck serviced and then washed so it would be ready to go on either Friday or Saturday. Turns out that the new Super Wally World in Gainsville doesn't have a auto service department in it. That was a bit of a bummer, cuz now it meant driving all the way down to Ocala to go to the one down there.

   An hour later I'm finally checked in and wandering around the store looking at all the stuff I don't need. Did pick up an extra bottle of oil for the truck. At nearly 145, 000 miles it is now starting to lose, leak or both, about a quart between each service stop. I also pick up a bottle of injector cleaner to dump in the gas tank every time the oil is changed. It may or may not make a difference, but I've been doing it since buying the truck and I haven't had any problems with it yet.

    It was finally done around 4:00 and by then I was so tired of hanging around that I just headed back for the trailer. Had an early dinner, took a walk and have been sitting here just reading and looking up weather and stuff  I'll be needing in a couple of days. A route is slowly coming together and tomorrow I'll need to check if I have the appropriate maps or if I need to go pick up a couple more in town. For now tho I think I'll go read some more and maybe watch a movie.

Walking around the town of McIntosh - March 5, 2013

Walking the town of McIntosh yesterday this little house popped out at me. What I first thought of as a uniquely framed two story home that makes it look like some old barns actually turns out to be a simply framed building. What makes it look like it is something it isn't is just some added on roof and eave framing at the end of the house. It is a simple and cheap way to add a lot of interest to what would otherwise be a pretty routine building.

Here is a picture of an orange tree in someones yard. This is what so many people think of when they think about Florida. It is a neat thing to me that you can actually grow your own oranges or grapefruit or lemons in your yard. If you look closely you can see some of this years blossoms starting to come out.

This was over in front of a antique store here in town. Not real sure if it is all that old, but it is kind of neat looking. I think it would look great sitting next to somebodies pond or swimming pool.

A picture of some kind of flowering shrub that was blooming under the live oaks here in town.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment