Friday, March 22, 2013

   Only time for  a short note tonight. It's already 1:30 in the morning and I just got done with 4 hours of contra dancing at the 'Pig Town Fling' dance here in Covington Kentucky. Not sure what to say about the evening, it was just so much fun. The band tonight was 'Notorius' with 'Pokey' and Sam Bartlett sitting in with them. Always an amazing amount of music for just 4 people. I was there just a little bit before 8:00 when the dance started and stayed right through to the end. Did end up sitting out a couple of the last dances. Had a dancer in line pull my right arm in an odd direction and it gave me a bit of a twinge up under my right scapula where I once injured it kayaking. A couple ibuprofen and some sleep ought to set it to rights though, so I don't anticipate missing any dancing because of it.

    It starts all over again tomorrow with classes and dancing all day. Probably won't make most of that stuff. I've learned over the years that if I want a good evening dance experience I can't dance another 4-6 hrs before hand and expect to still be on my feet. Lots of friends here at this dance, many of them ones I haven't seen for several months. Good to see, talk and dance with them again. I figure there must be close to 500 people here dancing this weekend. At one point we had 7 full lines with at least 80+/- people in each of them. Most of the time though we had a total of 6 very full lines. Not sure what it is going to be like tomorrow night when you can anticipate even more people showing up.

   I guess Eden, the fiddle player for Notorious won't be here for the rest of the weekend. She evidently has to run to New York tomorrow in order to play a concert at Carnegie Hall on Sunday. Yea... she really is that good!  Not to worry though, the music will not suffer. I hear they are going to combine the rest of Notorious with the other group, 'The Mean Lids' and play with all 6 of them up on stage at the same time. Now that is going to be an amazing group. Right now though I need some good drugs and a few hours of sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment