Sunday, March 17, 2013

    Woke up to snow falling on the trailer this morning. Could hear the soft fall of it as it hit the top of the trailer and then as it warmed up just a bit and turned to sleet, you could hear it even more. Just made me burrow down under the covers that much deeper... at least until a decent hour arrived anyway. It soon turned completely to rain as the day 'warmed' up. I think it made it to almost 40 degrees today. I spent a pleasant morning doing my usual routine of breakfast, comics and the crossword. The last dance session of the weekend didn't start until 12:30 so there was plenty of time to hang out and read.

    One thing I've been trying to do is find someplace to stay next weekend when I'm over in the Cincinnati Ohio area. I had a RV campground all picked out several weeks ago that looked like it was going to work out okay. Good location and not to far from where the dance is going to be or the city which I wanted to spend some time exploring. The only problem is that I didn't ever think about giving them a call because who would guess they would be full at this time of the year. It seems that isn't a problem, the problem is that they aren't open for the season until the 1st of April. So now I need to see if there is somewhere else that is open that isn't 50-60 miles away. It'll all get sorted out by next weekend though, it always seems to work itself out.

   The dancing this afternoon was as good as any I've done in a long time. It really was worth driving all the way from Florida to here just to dance to the music of Contrazz with Seth Tepher doing the calling. They were just hot the whole session through, and the last dance they did was a riot of good fun. I was lucky to have really good partners the whole weekend long. The level of dancing here in the area was perhaps not as high as a few dances back east that I have been to, but Seth kept the dances easy and everyone just had a really good time. I got to dance with a couple women I've seen at other dances further east.... oh and also in Lawrence Kansas, as well as dancing with a whole bunch of new ones. Also saw a lot of guys I've seen at other dances, but I can't really say I know most of them at all, just their faces and maybe their left hands. :)

   On another note; I need to find a 'good' welder again at some point. The welding job on my trailer bumper that I had done last fall in Maine is starting to fail again. I'm hoping it will hold together for a little bit longer, but I ended up getting a roll of rebar wire to wrap around it and at least hold it onto the back of the trailer in case it has a catastrophic failure. I must really be related to my grandfather... the one who could mend anything with a length of baling wire or twine. His generations answer to duct tape. In the meantime, I'm going to have to find room in the back of the pickup for not only my bike, but the bike rack too. Bummer!

   But for right now I'm feeling pretty satiated. Had a good dinner, got a hot shower, put on my slipper, ate some ibuprofen a few hours ago and am now sipping homemade grapefruit cello that my sister and her husband made. Life is really pretty good right at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment