Monday, March 25, 2013


   A very fun day today despite the continuing rain and snow that keeps falling outside. I slept in later than expected this morning. Part of it was due to being up for so many hours without sleep, but part was due to my allergies deciding to kick in sometime around 3:00 last night. Had to get up and pop a couple of pills just so I could clear my nose and sinuses and get back to sleep. Even then I'm pretty sure I must of snored like a drunken sailor for the rest of the night. Oh well.

    Off to the Natural History Museum in Cincinnati then this afternoon. Spent several hours there going through all the rooms and reading 'all' the signs. Most people hate going to places like that with me, even though I have been known to skip a sign or two once in a while. Still, it was a great place to spend a cold and snowy day looking at really cool rocks and lots of really old dead animals and humans.

    Met up with a friend this evening and went for some dinner and drinks. She knew of a nice little Italian restaurant down near the waterfront. Can't remember the name of the place, but it was evidently once in the movie 'Rain Man' with Tom and Dustin. Pretty good food and really good beer so there were no complaints there. Afterwards we took a long "Hike" along the waterfront and looked at all the barges and boats tied up for the night. Not too bad out as long as you kept up a pretty good walking pace. We did end up stopping in for some hot tea and coffee afterwards, just to warm up and continue chatting. All in all a very pleasant evening.

   Finishing up doing some dishes now and starting to pack things away again. It is amazing how much stuff comes out of the cabinets and from under various pieces of furniture when you stay in one place long enough. Going to start south in the morning if it isn't snowing to hard and the highway isn't icy. I checked the weather in several places and it looks like there is a slow warm up coming this way. I decided to go ahead and point the truck towards Richmond, Virginia with the idea that it might work out okay if the two coldest days of the week are spent in a warm truck on the road. Of course it may mean staying in a really cold trailer in the mountains of West Virginia tomorrow night if my timing doesn't quite work out the way it should. But I have plenty of blankets and sleeping bags so I should be okay in any case.

    So below are a couple pictures I took yesterday afternoon and evening after the last dance.

Snow coming down near Covington Kentucky, home of the Pigtown Fling Dance Weekend - March 24, 2013


Taken from the back door of the trailer looking behind it at the creek. That is actually snow falling even though it looks like rain in the picture.









Another view of the creek. It never did freeze very much except for a few places along the banks.

A little later in the evening and the temperature has fallen enough to turn the snow flaky. Some of these flakes were as large as a half dollar coin. It was really mesmerizing to watch them come down.... and cold!

Threw this one in just because it kind of looked cool. I have no idea why the red color came out so much in this one. Almost looks like the woods are on fire.


   Almost forgot; today is the one year anniversary of this blog. Doesn't seem like it has been that long, but time just seems to scoot by. I've had a lot of fun over the past year and have enjoyed talking about a little of it and sharing some pictures. I know there are people out there that look at it periodically, and there are evidently even more that I don't know about. At last count there have been people in 36 different countries around the world that have checked into the site either by accident or otherwise.  It is also interesting that in all this time the only one who has ever commented on anything was one friend whom I asked to just to make sure that feature worked. You are all welcome to chat if you want to, I don't mind, I may even answer you back at some point. Just saying....

No comments:

Post a Comment