Saturday, December 8, 2012

   A fun night of dancing last night here in the Tampa area. A lot of people here that I recognized and even more it seems, who recognized me. A really good band was in from southern Florida and the caller was over from the east coast somewhere. Met another guy here who seems to be a dance gypsy also, Earl. We were talking for a bit and he was telling me about his work for Habitat For Humanity. It seems that there is a group of RV people who wander the country helping out on projects in different locations. They even have there own section on the Habitat web site. I have wanted to get back into working with them at some point, but just figured I would need to wait until I was done wandering around before getting back into it. Will need to check it out as soon as I can.

   Prior to the dance though, it was a very busy day for me anyway. I was up pretty early and got all packed up and on the road. It was only about 2 hours over to the little town of McIntosh where I tucked Esmerelda into the old RV camp on the edge of a lake. Will only be there for a couple of days, but it is a nice place for me to leave the trailer over night.

   Spent a couple of hours there setting up, getting some lunch put together and then taking a short nap. Took off from there around 4:00 and headed for Tampa and managed to get there just in time for the evening rush hour. I just never think about things like that most days anymore. Only a minor problem and I soon found my hotel for the evening and got all checked in. An hour or so there and then it was off to find some dinner and then on to the dance.

   Today I'm just going to take it easy, explore a bit of the town and then go back this evening for another night of dancing. It will be a long drive back to the trailer after the dance, but well worth it I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment