Wednesday, December 19, 2012

    So-o-o-o much better today than even yesterday. Still not at 100% yet, but felt good enough to get out and about and even feel good about it. Took the truck over to Discount Tires to have the tires rotated and re-balanced as needed. I try to keep up with that bit of maintenance as it seems to make a big difference. Not only better gas mileage, but better handling and feel, plus it was most likely the reason I got so many miles out of my last set of tires, more than 88,000 on that set. If I can do as well on this set, this may be the last set of tires I need to put on this truck before looking for something a bit newer.

    Went over the the movie theatre after finishing up at the tire place, and got a ticket to the newest Hobbit movie. Even sprang for the full 3-D, 48 fps, cut just because it seemed like this was what the director was shooting at when he filmed it this way. I was actually rather underwhelmed about any of the 3D stuff, but it was certainly a more clear and crisp view. Boy you could sure see some big ugly zits on some of those orc's. Yuck! I did think the color tint of the film was a little off though. No biggy, I'm sure I'll be seeing it several more times within the next few years. Just not any time soon.

    Still coughing a bit, especially as the night wears on and it is getting closer to bed time... of course. Still not sleeping real well yet, but I must be doing well enough. Hope to feel good enough tomorrow to get out and take a nice hike again. I want to go over to a different part of the park I know of that has lots of alligators, turtles and birds in it.

   Also spent a bit of time this morning on the computer and renewed the trailer license plates on line. Of course the real question is whether or not I'll actually ever get the actual stamps and registration forms, or if they'll  just get lost in the mail also.

    Got a couple of theatre tickets while online too. One for tomorrow night is for 'A Christmas Carol' and then one on Friday is for 'A Tuna Christmas'. Looking forward to seeing them both and having a nice time out.

No comments:

Post a Comment