Sunday, December 9, 2012

   Spent today trying to recuperate from my long day and night yesterday. I've certainly been up past 2:00 in the morning before, but generally not after dancing for 3 hours and then  having to drive 2 hours home in the dark. So it was nice to sleep in a bit this morning, even though I had an early morning phone call from one of my sisters soon after getting up.

   Didn't really do anything else of consequence otherwise. Read the comics, did the crossword, went for a walk around the town. Hot and sunny and a bit humid all day. Have had the fans running for most of the day and it has stayed pleasant in the trailer. Will probably watch a movie yet this evening and read my book some more, otherwise it will be more ease for the rest of the night.

    In the meantime; here are a few photo's from my trip to the Salvador Dali Museum yesterday in Tampa Bay. You couldn't take pictures inside the museum of course, but I thought the building itself was pretty neat.

The Salvador Dali Museum in Tampa Bay Florida - Dec 8, 2012

One side of the building.


I liked this view because it showcased the glass enclosed atrium's you could stand in on the inside. I don't believe Dali had any hand in designing the building, but it certainly looks like something he would of thought of. This view reminds me of bug eyes, especially fly eyes, which is interesting because flies play an important role in Catalan story telling. Something about flies erupting from the dead body of some Catalan saint and saving the day in some way. Dali uses flies in a lot of his paintings for that reason and it may be one reason why this is designed the way it is.

More fly eyes.

I like how the door to the patio is tucked up under the glass wall. There is a 3rd floor platform that you can stand on inside the museum. It gives you a great view of the garden and the waterfront and bay in the distance.

One last view of the front of the building.

In the garden outside is this Dali inspired bench playing off his melting time pieces theme.

Definitely un-daliesque. A view of one of the trailers here in the RV park I'm camped in. For some reason I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment